Today’s post is written by Ashley’s fiancé, and everyone’s favorite coach, Jake. I’d also like to wish a happy birthday to Scott C. Hope to see you back in the gym soon.
Today is Ashley’s 24th birthday! She has been a steady member of Intrepid just a little over a year now. With her busy schedule she is able to make it into the gym twice a week. Below are some fun facts about her.
1. Ashley is deathly afraid of birds. Even the birds at Petco (the ones locked up) make her feel uneasy.
2. She recently got engaged to a stud of a man.
3. Ashley was the youngest student in her nursing class and now is a full time nurse in Montebello.
4. Ashley loves the color green and owns plenty outfits in that color.
5. Thanks to Intrepid she is now addicted to lululemon.
6. She was the Performance Winner for the Nutritional Challenge.
7. Ashley can out sing Whitney Houston on “I Will Always Love You”.
8. She is a natural athlete and is an exceptional volleyball player and swimmer. She is terrible at dribbling a basketball, but she is a lights out shooter. I once lost 4 games in a row of knockout to her.
9. She won KIIS FM Jingle Ball tickets two December’s in a row by being the 102nd caller.
10. As a child she cut her younger sister’s hair to make spaghetti. Luckily this only happened a few times.
11. You can tell she is fully concentrated on a task when she sticks her tongue out the side of her mouth.
12. Ashley has seen EVERY single episode of Gilmore girls and That 70’s Show. This also means that I have seen EVERY episode of Gilmore Girls.
13. She hates chocolate, but loves white chocolate.
14. She gets angry with me when I try to wake her up for a 630am WOD.
15. She gets angry with me when I try to wake her up for a 730am WOD.
16. Ashley is not a morning person (See 14 & 15).
17. She works on the Telemetry floor (Heart), but would like to make a career in Labor & Delivery.
18. Sit-ups and back squats are two of her favorite movements. Press and Snatch are her least favorite.
19. She likes what Intrepid has done for her arms and glutes.
20. She wants to retire in Seattle, Washington one day because of the rainy weather.
21. I always know when she is excited to eat when she hums throughout the meal.
22. She doesn’t do the speed limit. She drives like Danica Patrick.
23. The tattoo on her left forearm is a heart shaped key. The heart is made up of three letter “A’s” which stand for her and her sister’s names (Alysha and Allyson).
24. She is the sweetest person I know and is 100% selfless, unless it comes to food
Back Squat 3×5
In Teams of 2, Both Teammates perform the following For Time:
Run 1 Lap (~500m)
25 Med Ball Situp+Toss to Partner (20/14#)
25 Overhead Squats (95/65#)
25 Burpee+Box Jump Over (24/20″)