Today is Cicely’s birthday! Ryan has provided a nice post for the bday girl, enjoy!
Okay. Where to begin? Let me start by saying that if you expect this to be anything close to the amazing post that my loving fiancée submitted for me about a month ago, please don’t get your hopes up – cause this ain’t no competition (and I for one am glad).
So to start – again – Happy 34th bornday Love Nugget! May your birthday be filled with barbed wire, electro-shock, underwater caverns, and countless other treacherous obstacles that like the rest of life’s challenges, we will overcome together.
You see, today, on Cicely’s birthday, we will be partaking in Tough Mudder together in culmination of our 100 miles of active events pledge for 2013. Helluva birthday present huh! I know, boyfriend of the year points right there…but don’t worry – she is also getting a spa weekend after the race which does include some nice deep tissue, trigger point therapy to help her recover.
So let’s give you a few fun facts and tidbits about Cicely – 9 to be exact:
1) First things first – the reason that I am doing 9 fun facts and not 1 for each year the she has graced this earth – is because 9 is her favorite number and it shows itself in her life quite often. It is the date she was born, the date her mother was born, the birth month of her father (and now father and brother -in-law to be) her dad is one of 9 siblings, her parents tried for 9 years for a child until they had her and if you add each individual number of her height and weight it equals 9 (in no particular order 5-2-1-1-0), the amount of letters in her first name and middle name combined equals 9, as does her middle and future last name.
2) Cicely is an only child – but she has a very large and close knit extended family that throw a party for any and every possible occasion! It’s really quite awesome. These parties usually include fantastic games, karaoke, individual stunts and performances by the younger generation, and sometimes even a bit of gambling. Oh…and tons of food!
3) She has two black cats, Timmy and Sam, who are the loves of her life. She is an amazing mother to them and makes sure to give them hugs and kisses every day when she leaves the house and when she comes home. She also holds birthday celebrations for each of them, and dresses them up in bowtie collars for the special occasions.
4) Cicely is an absolute animal lover and champion – and is hoping in the very near future to start officially rescuing and fostering animals on a regular basis. She has already started on an amateur basis beginning with Trap-Neuter-Releases of feral cats, a trap and rescue of a stray little pup with a broken and dislocated hip (Fey), to the fostering of a lost Pit-Bull Simba that won over our hearts quite recently and really opened our eyes to the beauty in that very misunderstood breed.
5) Cicely is a stickler for the rules…usually. She didn’t have a drink of alcohol until her 21st birthday. Although…she was tricked into having some jello shots by her college roommates, and got a little tipsy. She had no idea that the jello contained any amount of alcohol.
6) Her favorite ice cream is Thrifty Ice cream. Her favorite flavor is mint ‘n chip. Her favorite order is a double scoop regular cone with chocolate malted crunch and mint ‘n chip, but the mint ‘n chip has to be on the bottom. Her favorite part – is when she gets to the bottom of the cone and it has that bit of ice cream that she pushed down to the bottom and she gets to pop the whole thing into her mouth and gets to enjoy that perfect combination of cone and ice cream.
7) Cic is a regular billie-badass when it comes to shooting a shotgun. Her first time shooting clay pigeons she showed amazing accuracy and had absolutely no problem wielding the 12 gauge and blowing the pigeons to smithereens. That was until they started with the rolling targets, and our guide described the rolling clay as bunny shooting practice…Cic couldn’t bring herself to shoot the poor little fake Thumpers…until they were updated to zombie killer bunnies that would infect the rest of the bunnies so she slaughtered them all. Seriously, didn’t miss a shot.
8) One time in college, Cic broke her tailbone falling off of 2 sticks while dancing on the shoulders of 4 men.
9) Cicely’s dream in life is to open a sanctuary for any and all of the misunderstood black cats of the world. To ensure that they all have a chance to receive the same amount of love and happiness that she gives Timmy and Sam, and to educate the world as to why they are not the scary, superstitious, aloof felines that they are cracked up to be. They are really just looking for someone to love them.
There is really a lot more to Cic, but I am going to keep some of that to myself. What can I say? I am selfish. But one last thing that I will share…is that she is absolutely amazing and I am absolutely the luckiest man in world since she entered my life. I am a better man through and through with her by my side. I am so looking forward to adding 9 more tidbits each and every year for the next 70 years as we continue our adventures together. I love you nugget! Happy born day!
Also a shout out is in order for Mike C., Ryan, and Cicely as they will be competing in a Tough Mudder! Good luck!!!
In teams of 4 complete
Run 400m as a team then in a ladder do:
Then 1600m relay