For those of you who have been here a while, you may remember Dan as a noontime regular. Then, the family moved north for just a short (read: too long of a) time. Well now, the Akers family is back in the ES ‘hood. If you were at Intrepid Games this year, you might have been lucky enough to see him in action. You would have marveled at how this superb athlete tore through the agility course. I know I did! However, if you blinked, you would have missed him. He was that fast! Dan ended up taking 3rd in the Men’s Open Division. And to think he initially signed up for the Master’s! Happy Birthday Dan! You are an inspiration to us all!
The following is a sweet tribute from Dan’s wife, Alicia:
October 25th marks Dan’s 41nd birthday. In honor of the amazing husband (and father) that he is, here is a post dedicated especially to him.
Top 10 reasons Dan is a special person:
1. He makes me happy. Every day.
2. He is a good dancer. Really. Just put on some James Brown and move aside!
3. He is a good singer-Ask Mason and he’ll tell you that ‘dada’ sings him to him every day!
4. He is not a quitter and won’t let you quit either. Be warned!
5. He never asks for anything. Even on his birthday.
6. I love his faith. I don’t mean his religion. I mean his faith. That we’ll have the things we need no matter how bleak it may look at the moment.
7. He’s a ninja! A black belt in judo, taekwondo and karate ….. My ninja!
8. He hurries home from work to spend time with Mason.
9. He’s a contrast of opposites. Tough as nails on the outside, with a soft gooey center.
10. He can fix anything, or if he can’t, he will learn how and then fix it.
I send my love and birthday wishes to one of the best persons I know, who is a best friend and has given me the best possible time in my life. You are a gift to both Mason and I. Moments spent with you become beautiful memories as you have made our life a treasurable gift! Happy birthday!
Dead Lift 1 x 5
Then, 4 Rounds: