Today Nathania returns the favor of her own post and writes a special birthday message for her man, Jonathan.
After the sweetest message that my boyfriend wrote for my birthday it is only fair for me to return the favor on his special day. So here is to the birthday boy some things that people probably don’t know about Jonathan:
- Jonathan is the youngest one of two brothers, which happens to be his almost identical twin that beat him by only a couple of minutes.
- Since Jonathan had a passion for traveling he decided to join the Marines, completing two deployments, one to Iraq and one to Japan. After climbing the ranks to Sergeant he fell in love (with a special girl) and decided it was time to travel the world with her instead 😉
- He is the sweetest person I know with a gigantic heart. How can I not fall in love with him after he took care of me day and night post PRK surgery, which left me half blind for a week? Being taken care of by him when sick is like getting the royal treatment.
- Now for the disclaimer if he likes something it can become an obsession. Shopping hungry turns into a “protein bar” shopping spree and he never fails to make it to the register without 3 to 4 empty paper wraps (something that drives me nuts).
- He is also crazy about sparkling water, after I told him that St. Croix was good among the crossfit community it became a bubble obsession. If the water has bubbles and a little bit of flavor he will try it!
- Obsession number 3 at least this one is healthier, his recent discovery Kombucha! Slowly but surely he has been working his way through all the flavors available at Whole Foods.
- Working out is one of his favorite hobbies. I mean nothing puts a smile on his face like me telling him on a day off “babe I’m going to class, you want to go to the gym”? He can automatically jump out of the bed without even thinking about it twice. Definitely more dedicated and strict about it than I am.
- Part of being in love with him is hearing his alarm go off at 4:30am to get his morning cardio on his stationary bike while he reads his favorite blog from Mark’s Daily apple (his role model) If Mark says so it has to be good, except the post about not disconnecting from your phone once in a while 😛
- Jonathan is also a great salsa dancer, if he is willing to tell he has some great stories about teaching his fellow marines how to dance salsa while on deployment.
- Jonathan has a curious mind that he loves to develop by constantly reading. He loves to read about history, the human race, and lately he has been interested in body movement and injury prevention.
- Johnny is not very good with directions as he will take the same wrong exit about 5 to 6 times. Reason why our hike from his post turned out to be 8 hours long!.
- When it comes to deep sleeping he will win the challenge, once he is knocked out “ warning” he will not wake up!! The second challenge that I will never win is finishing my meal as fast as he does. He is a vacuum cleaner at high speed.
- Jonathan enjoys a healthy, active, and exiting lifestyle as much as I do, which makes for a perfect combination when it comes to sharing a meal or taking part in our crazy mud race adventures.
I am so happy to have met the most loving, caring, dedicated, and interesting person to share my life with. I feel so lucky to have fallen in love with my best friend. Thank you for being such an amazing person that fills my life with happiness.
Happy 27th birthday my love!
We’d also like to wish a happy birthday to 5pm regular, Stefan!
5 Minute Stations
40 yd Prowler Pushes (Max Combined Reps)
1RM Axle Bar Deadlift (Max Combined Weight)
Airdyne (Max Combined Calories)
Slam Ball Throws (Total Combined Distance in Feet)
Partners will share equipment. Prowler weight should be scaled to a walking pace instead of a sprint. Any grip acceptable on axle bar.