Continuing with the birthday week is another Athlete Profile from a loving fiance, Colleen, who was eager to write this sweet post for Mat:
The Top 10 Things You Don’t Know about Mat
1) He was born in Australia and left when he was very young, but we will be returning for our honeymoon.
2) He’s the baby of his family, with two older brothers who live in the Midwest.
3) He’s a romantic – he proposed as a surprise while we were rock climbing in Malibu.
4) His favorite meal is a burger, fries and a cold IPA. Then for dessert – cake and ice cream.
5) He will say yes to almost every adventure or race – Tough Mudder, 70 mile bike ride, triathlons, Half Dome… The list could go on and on.
6) He is surprisingly athletic even though he did not play sports in high school – he picks up new activities with ease – learning to ski at 27!
7) Ideally Mat would wear shorts and a t-shirt year round – even when visiting my parents for Christmas in Idaho.
8) If he could have a dog right now it would be a wiener dog.
9) His initials are M.A.T. which is how he spells his name.
10) The last one isn’t about him, but me… I am the luckiest woman in the world because he is marrying me on August 3rd!
I love you so much Mat and can’t wait for all our adventures to come!
Also a big happy birthday, Delaney, our original CrossFit Kid! You may have seen her climbing the rope at top speed, clean & jerking with fantastic form, or working out with her dad on occasion. Have a fantastic birthday, Delaney!
Hang Power Clean 3×2
2010 Games WOD
3 Cleans (205/135)
4 Handstand Push Ups
12 Minute Time Cap