REMINDER, no workouts today but please come out today to help move to our new location. Moving festivities will begin at 9am until complete with a Fresh Brothers pizza/wing/salad lunch following.
Ever since Ruth and I were treated to fantastic dinner with the Champagnes where we were treated to many delicacies including bacon wrapped dates, we have been indulging from time to time with bacon wrapped dates of our own. They’re simple and a delicious appetizer or addition to any meal. Here’s the simple recipe from the Humble Gourmand.
- 1 bag of pitted dates
- 1 package bacon
- Take slices of bacon and cut in half (if your slices are pretty thick, try cutting into three pieces).
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each pitted date at least once and stick a toothpick through to hold it in place.
- Place all wrapped dates onto a pan or in a dish. Broil for about 7-8 minutes, then flip over and repeat.
- Another twist for those of you that indulge in dairy is to add blue cheese into the dates for a tasty addition.
- Also, make sure you wet the toothpicks before using, so they don’t burn when you broil them!