Ok so this may be a stretch but since you all have seen Cade grow up from day 1, I figure it’s appropriate to give him a birthday shout out as well. Here are 10 things you may not know about Cade:
1. He is a cat person. He follows our cat Violet around the bedroom when he should be getting ready for bed, much to Violet’s dismay. (He’s also a dog person as he giggles anytime Nalu jumps around in excitement or wags her tail around him. He even has been known to share his food with Nalu who enjoys the extra snack.)
2. If Cade likes you, he’ll walk up to you, sit down with his back to you, leans and steamroll over you in a show of affection.
3. Cade’s favorite dance partner is Nick D. His favorite dance has been dubbed the “booty dance.”
4. His favorite food is (yup you guessed it) smoked bbq meat: beef, chicken, pork, turkey, salmon…he likes them all. Strawberries are a close runner up.
5. Favorite pastime is watching people do burpees or box jumps. He did his first burpee yesterday!
6. Cade loves to take naps on the hammock with Daddy, even with weights crashing and music blasting he sleeps soundly.
7. Cade has the makings of a future engineer and is fascinated with all wheels, knobs, and dials.
8. He is a good luck charm for sporting events. 9 times out of 10, if he wears a team’s jersey during the game, they will win. No joke. We may earn his college fund by charging you sports fanatics a small fee for him to wear a particular jersey! (except Trojans, of course)
9. Cade is left handed, and although he hasn’t said his first word yet, he is able to communicate a few things using sign language.
10. He has been going to swim class for two months now and is learning to go under water, “jump” into the pool, and float on his back in the swimming pool.
Thank you guys for being so loving and supportive this last year and for being a part of Cade’s adventures.
Turkish Get-Up 2-2-2
then, 5 Rounds of:
7 Jerks (135/95)
*From 2007 CF Games*