Today we celebrate two birthdays, Pat and Portia! Happy Birthday ladies!
Scott B. was nice enough to share some fun facts with us about Pat:
Today is Pat’s birthday. She has been a member of Intrepid for almost a year now and loves working out with all of you. She is a dedicated 6:30 am’er which is completely amazing because she was never a morning person before Crossfit. Most of you know her, but do you know about her Tamale addiction? That every morning she checks the WOD post before committing to coming to class, but then goes anyway? Well, I thought I’d share a few more things about Pat to help you get to know her better:
1. Pat is short for Pathama
2. Pat is Thai, but to many of her friends is an honorary Mexican because she loves Mexican food so much
3. After Crossfit, Pat’s favorite Saturday activity is buying a week’s supply of tamales, huaraches, and quesadillas from the little carts in downtown LA
5. Pat loves organ meats – she even made beef heart for Valentine’s day
6. Pat’s non-gym friends are often startled by her massive traps
7. Pat loves thrusters
8. Pat hates running, but after Crossfit can now run 5k without stopping
9. Pat used to sleep in soooo late, now she is a morning person and love’s the 6:30 am class
10. Pat is a total WOD shopper!!
Happy Birthday, Pat!!!
Also, here’s a mobility WOD “quickie” for helping to improve the overhead position. This quick mobility trick from Diane Fu and KStar may come in handy for Friday’s WOD. Mobility WOD is a great reference for all of your mobility needs, we even keep a link to the blog on the right side of our page.