This recipe is courtesy of Make it Paleo by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason. Anna introduced me to this book and it’s full of great recipes with a picture for every recipe (great selling point). This is a great recipe to spice up your chicken or white fish recipes.
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 tbsp garlic, minced
– t tbsp ginger, minced
– 1/2 large red onion, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 2 ripe mangos, chopped
– juice of 1.5 limes
– 1 tbsp curry powder
– tsp red pepper flakes
– In a large frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
– Add garlic and ginger to the frying pan and saute for 2 minutes.
– Add red onion and red bell pepper to the frying pan and continue to saute for another minute.
– Add the chopped mango, lime juice, curry powder, and red pepper flakes. Continue to saute until the red bell pepper, onion, and mango have softened. About 5 minutes.
– Turn heat down to simmer, and cover with a lid until serving.
This takes about 20 minutes to prepare, so start this before you start cooking the meat. Serving size is about 3-4 cups.
REST DAY 06.03.12