As the resident nutrition confessional, I’ve had a number of people asking me when we’ll be doing another Whole30 challenge. Of course, what usually follows is some sort of request to avoid any period that will overrun any of the upcoming holidays.
On that note, many will be happy to know that what I have in mind for the next challenge will not commence until the new year. There will be a host of changes from the last couple times, however. Have I piqued your interest?
- Paleo is preferred, but not required. If you think you’ll do better on the Zone, South Beach or Atkins, have at it (you’ll see why shortly…)! Be forewarned though that if you tell me you’re doing a liquid cleanse, I will likely shake my head in disapproval.
- Photos will be optional, but encouraged.
…and now where I may lose some people…
- The challenge is not for just 30 days, it’s for 12 weeks. This is for a couple reasons — one, you’ll see even more dramatic changes than you will in a single month and second, one day going off the rails won’t completely tank your chances of winning.
- We will get a body fat truck out to perform underwater weighing. Instead of photos, we’re going for hard evidence this time around. This is inspired by Sean’s recent post encouraging you to look for other ways to measure your health than simply by using a scale. I just went and got measured about a month ago and can attest that the process is really painless.
- Before and after workouts to measure your performance
- Goals! Let us know if you’re going for increased muscle mass, lowered body fat or just a faster Fran time.
- Entry fees and prizes!
More specific details will come as we get closer to 2013, but feel free to ask any burning questions in the comments.
10 Kettlebell Swings
10 Push Presses
10 Wallball Shots
10 Sit Ups (with med ball)
10 Ball Slams
5 Tire Flips
10 Lunges (5 each leg)
20 Double Unders
10 Sandbag to Shoulder
Rest 1 minute between each AMRAP