In prepping for the Whole 30 Challenge coming up this April, here’s a small challenge for you this week. Pack your lunch. For the entire week, avoid eating out at lunchtime. No, this is not something the trainers will be monitoring. This is for you. You want to improve your WODs and live a healthier lifestyle, right? You take the time to cook and read labels and listen to the daily rantings of Marcus, our Paleo extraordinaire but just how much damage are you doing when you constantly eat out for lunch or work through your lunch hour because you don’t have time to eat?
Being a Sunday post, i’ll keep the lecturing to a minimum and go into the benefits and tips to making it as easy as possible to accomplish.
– You’ll know exactly what the ingredients are because you’ll be cooking/prepping everything yourself
– It’s cheaper and easier! Just increase your serving size when making dinner so that you have enough for lunch the following day.
– If you’re working on a deadline, an already prepared lunch is ready to eat without having to take a break so you don’t have to skip a meal and consequently feel sluggish during the WOD.
– Save on gas! Ok so this might be a little bit of a stretch but gas prices are rising again and you’d save a bit of money by not hopping in the car to buy lunch.
– Another alternative to saving time during the week is to prep and cook the majority of your meals on the weekend and divide up your servings for the week.
So give it a try. Let me know how it goes. Additional tips? Add to comments.
Rest Day 02.20.2011