Nick is in the process of reading Tim Ferriss’ new book The 4-Hour Chef. Over the weekend, he made my mom, sister and I a delicious delicious variation of one of Tim’s appetizers, crab cakes. We didn’t have any crab meat on hand, so he made them with canned chicken instead. They were quick to make, were absolutely delicious and we finished them in minutes. The recipe only requires four ingredients and you may even keep most of the ingredients on hand on a regular basis anyway.
– 12.5 oz can of premium white chicken (trader joe’s brand is just chicken, water and salt)
– Juice of 1/2 lime
– 1 egg white from a large or extra large egg (save the yoke to throw in your eggs in the morning, adds great flavor!)
– a couple of squirts of hot sauce (Nick used the hot sauce made at the farm by my parents house)
– Mix up all of the ingredients in a bowl
– Heat up a frying pan on the stove with olive oil or grapeseed oil
– Roll the ingredients into balls, place them on the frying pan and flatten into cakes using a spatula
– Flip once the hot side is browned (be patient, if you flip to early it will fall apart)
Once they are done, serve them hot and add your favorite sauce for additional flavor. For a sugar free sauce, if you have the old Intrepid recipe book, check out the home made ketchup and bbq sauce recipes. As you can see, these are simple and quick to make. I would even cook them in advance to re-heat in the microwave or frying pan in the morning for a quick protein filled breakfast or late afternoon snack.
Citation: Ferriss, T. (2012). The 4-Hour chef. New Harvest.
Mobility & Recovery: