When I was home visiting my family during the summer, we made these awesome pineapple and chicken skewers that I found in the book Make it Paleo. We had just gone to the local farm that I posted about earlier this year and had some free range chicken breast on hand. The end product had a lot of flavor and the chicken was extremely moist. The ingredients listed blew make enough for about three people, but we had plenty of the glaze leftover. If you’re going to use bamboo skewers, don’t forget to soak them overnight so they don’t burn on the grill. These are best right off the grill, but we had them as leftovers and they taste great cold as well. Enjoy!
– 1 cup pineapple, diced
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tbsp ginger, minced
– juice of 1 lemon
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp cilantro, minced
– 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
– 3 cups pineapple, cut into chunks
– Combine diced pineapple, olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl
– Puree mixture in a blender or food processor
– Pour back into small mixing bowl and stir in the cilantro, set aside
– Preheat grill to medium-high heat
– Skewer pieces of chicken and pineapple on metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers
– Grill skewers for 12-15 minutes, turning every 4-5 minutes. Brush the chicken with the pineapple glaze periodically while grilling
Happy Birthday Gerry!!!
Citation: Staley, Bill, and Hayley Mason. “Pineapple Glazed Chicken Skewers.” Make It Paleo: Over 200 Grain-free Recipes for Any Occasion. Las Vegas: Victory Belt Pub., 2011. 216. Print.