Although this week was a short training week due to the Memorial Day holiday, we had PRs a plenty and I made sure to catch more since everyone is so shy about posting their progress. On Tuesday we Overhead Squatted for a heavy double and followed it up with 75 Front Squats with pullups and pushups every minute. Notable PRs from Tuesday included:
- Shelley, Stephanie, and Holley all PR’d with an OHS of 113# x 2 reps!
- Jake did 200# x 2 reps at a bodyweight of 180ish
- Michael H. did 135# x 2 reps at a bodyweight of 140ish
- Ruth got a new 1RM PR in her Press with a 115# x 1 rep!
On Wednesday we had a double lift day with Bench Press and Deadlift. Noteable PRs from Wednesday included:
- Mike J. (MJ) PR’d his Deadlift doing 230# x 3 reps
- James repped 305# x 5 reps
- Lisa PR’d in her DL doing 190# x 3 reps
- Jon repped his 395# DL for 9 reps
- Bryant rose to the challenge and lifted 315# x 5 reps in his DL
- Corrine had a double PR day getting 88# x 5reps x 3 sets in her Bench Press and 173 x 5reps in her DL!
- Jake gutted out a new DL 1RM of 420#!
As usual, Thursday was a skills day. We did some rolling and stretching for our quads and hip flexors which were still feeling sore from Tuesday’s squats, performed kipping skillwork, and finished off with a four 100m sandbag runs. Thursday saw some firsts as well as other PRs:
- Cody performed his first handstand
- Kevin E. (aka Recluse Photo) performed his first kipping pullups and linked several together
- Simon got his first pullover
- Ray PR’d his consecutive double unders
- Jenica performed her first kipping pullups
Yesterday, we performed heavy Back Squats and a tougher met-con with kettlebell snatches/swings, toes to bar/knees to elbows, and box jumps that left a lot of Intrepids glad we capped the workout at 12 minutes. Finally today’s workout which includes some lighter barbell complex reps alongside burpees and ball slams.
I’m sure I missed a lot of PRs, but we’re getting better at tracking them on the white board so I can recap them come Saturday. If I missed yours post to comments!
- According to the CF Games website spectator tickets have sold out and the stadium is at capacity. We’ll see if this changes as we get closer to the weekend of the Games from July 13-15th.
- The next Next Level Invitational Iron Will individual CrossFit competition is scheduled for June 23rd. We have some Intrepids competing so look for more details as the date approaches. More info can be found on their site here.
- The California State Games are being held July 20th-22nd in the San Diego area. This is a great opportunity for those interested in Olympic Weightlifting. Details can be found here, and the deadline to register is July 13th.
- CrossFit Code 3 in Torrance, CA is hosting the “Beach Cities Battle” on Saturday, Aug 18th. It is an individual CrossFit competition held at their facility in Torrance. If interested you can register on their website.
- The next Shakedown CrossFit Team Competition registration has opened up for those interested. The event is scheduled to take place on Aug 25th at CrossFit Axiom in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
In Teams of 2:
As a Team Row 1000m, then perform:
1 Person performs 10 Reps of the “Bear Complex” w/ empty bar
(Bear=1 Power Clean, 1 Front Squat, 1 Push Press, 1 Back Squat, and 1 Push Press)
During the time it takes partner to complete Bear Reps Partner performs: