Look closely. You’re right, this post is about that ham in the background. Coach Jake! Jake always has a smile on his face, even during the middle of a workout f not immediately after. A karaoke-ing and dancing ball of fun, Jake coaches the Tuesda and Friday morning classes. To tell you more about him is his informative guest post form his fiancé Ashley!
Today is Jacob’s 27th birthday, so I thought it would be fun to share 27 things about him that you may or may not know.
1. Jacob graduated from the University of La Verne with a degree in movement and sport sciences with an emphasis in teaching.
2. His dream job is to open up his own gym and coach full time.
3. He has worked for Northrop Grumman for 5 years following his Mom, Dad, step Dad, and 3 brothers who also work for the same company (pretty soon someone has to take over the company J).
4. Since Jacob was born he has lived in 20 different houses, that’s a lot of moving!
5. For the last 2 years Jacob eats paleo, most of the time clean, his only weakness would be desserts, we can’t go to mall without him buying a macaroon or a chocolate candy.
6. He has coached the Redondo Beach girls freshman soccer team with his Dad for the past 5 years (2 of which they were undefeated).
7. His middle name is Carlos, named after his Dad, grandpa, older brother and now including his nephew.
8. He is one of 9 children (including steps).
9. He has 9 nieces and nephews.
10. Jacob knows practically everyone in the South Bay, we can’t go anywhere without someone yelling out “Hey Jacob, how are you?”
11. Jacob is probably one of the most competitive people I have ever met, whether it be beating Brian’s time in the gym or beating him in Dice with Buddies smartphone game.
12. I am either jealous or seriously scared that Jacob has many bromances (sorry to break your heart Brian and Nick you two are not the only ones)
13. Jacob is not Middle Eastern but he probably gets asked that or there is a joke about it every week.
14. He is actually half Ecuadorian, and half Mexican!
15. Jacob can grow facial hair over night and has a full beard by the end of the week.
16. He hates shopping, he has the same shirts and pants that he feels no reason to want or need anything new (He still wears the same sweat shirt from high school).
17. Jacobs dream vacation would be a trip to Miami, Florida
18. Jacob has a guy crush on the actor Joe Manganiello.
19. People say he looks like Matt Dillon.
20. His favorite actress is Scarlett Johansson (probably not for her looks, at least that’s what he tells me 😉 )
21. Jacob owns the full seasons of friends and probably has seen every episode hundreds of times, and yet he will still laugh at the episodes on TV.
22. Jacob is terrified of clowns.
23. He refuses to see scary movies, especially the exorcism ones, because he swears he will get possessed. (He will even cover his eyes for the previews in the theatres).
24. It’s not a surprise Jacob loves running in the WODS, but you may not know he has a La Verne track record for the distance medley.
25. Jacob used to own a 1968 Volkswagon bug, and a 1968 Chevy Nova.
26. Jacob is an awesome dancer, in the club, zumba or at a wedding. You will see him showing off his moves.
27. Jacob and I have been together for 5 years, and I can’t wait to marry him next year, I am a very lucky woman.
Happy Birthday fiancé love you lots!
Also A HUGE shout out to Barbara! She’s a 0730 regular and has shown great gains in the time that she has been with us. Barbara is an avid Yoga participant and has a very green thumb. I know that she is in the process of teaching Ruth and Sean how to build and tend a thriving garden on the far North end of the parking lot. She has a very warm smile and an infectious positive attitude. I try to sneak pictures of her but thus far I have only gotten 3/4 views. One day I will photograph this amazing woman. Have a wonderful Birthday!