In celebration of Marcus’ birthday, the collective Intrepid fam put together a few fun facts you may not know about him.
1. He used to actually DO crossfit (kipping pullups, double unders, wall balls… the works!)
2. He is a closet gourmet chef, and always cooks for 12
3. In recent history he was a vegetarian
4. He loves ice cream and [gluten free] pizza on a cheat day
5. He owns a singlet and has worn it on one occasion- where he finished first place!
6. His mom Sandi was an original member of morning class
7. He likes to punch when he’s drunk
8. He wipes his mouth after every bite
9. He pretends like he hates his birthday but really loves it.
10. He swears the Prowler can cure any ailment.
11. He openly admits to missing the bratty little sisters when they are out.
12. He never ends class on time
13. He is easily distracted by mention of diet, stretching, or power lifting
14. When a new student arrives his tone descends by one octave
15. Bear crawling is his favorite past time
16. Steaks and squats are the fundamentals of his existence
17. Marcus only power lifts in the ‘raw’
18. Marcus loves good coffee. Particularly Peet’s, prepared Bulletproof style
19. Marcus notices when you don’t show up to class, and he’ll give you a hard time until you do!
20. Marcus is really a softie at heart and can be negotiated with, if done correctly.
21. Last summer, Marcus showed up to Scott and Michelle’s wedding as Brian’s twin (matching pinstriped suits, white shirts and burgundy ties).
22. Marcus is a closet tech geek.
23. He recently cancelled his cable subscription, so he can have more time to do bear crawls
24. He admits to liking the Detroit lions, even in years they go winless
25. Marcus has a sister. None of us have met her.
26. He has made 3 intrepid girls cry
27. He practices what he preaches, even passes on homemade Chef David cookies
28. He cannot wait to babysit Baby Rodgers
29. His alarm clock ringtone is “alright 7:00!”
30. He is currently enrolled in classes working on his bachelors degree in IT
31. His real life job is a quality engineer at Northrop Grumman
32. He has been photographed with Kid Rock
33. He despises the show “The Biggest Loser” and not only because they eat subway
34. He has affectionately earned the nickname Marcuspedia for his research (google) skills
35. He dumped the iPhone a year ago for the sexier, slimmer android
36. Last year for Marcus’s birthday happy hour Jake got 3 parking tickets
37. He does not dance at weddings. Not even when sandwiched between two hot single girls
38. He once spent 4 hours at the bellagio buffet
Happy birthday, Marcus! We appreciate everything that you do for us in the gym! Thanks for taking countless hours of your own time to help us find a better path to proper nutrition and strength gains!
We’ll be having a pot luck at the gym to celebrate Marcus’ birthday tomorrow, May 12th, at 6pm. If you’re able to attend, please post your RSVP and what you’re bringing to comments!
2 Rounds of 2 Minute Stations:
Toes To Bar
Kettlebell Push Press
Rest 1 Minute